Wednesday 18 September 2013

Magicka

Review Time!


Magicka


You know, when the BF told me that Magicka would infuriate me I bought it anyway just to prove him wrong.

...

He was right.

Especially in the multiplayer, where more often than not you end up killing your partners. And in a huge battle where you're trying to bring them back and keep yourself from like exploding, it is annoying. I had issues with the multiplayer, now I'm not sure if it was because my internet connection was a picky little bitch that day, or because of the serves themselves. 

I ran in several glitches while playing Magicka, one of which was my character getting stuck. I could not move, could not cast, couldn't do anything. This happened a lot after cut scenes, and the only way out of it was to wait until I died, or jump out of the game and back in, which, as you imagine gets a little tiring after a while. Another issue I had was with the game randomly crashing, on single and multiplayer. 

Ok, so this review isn't going to be the greatest thing in the world, but this is just my experience with the game. I'm sure there are people who are much, much, better at this game than I am. Well, much much better than me at gaming period, but anyway.

The spell system confused me, maybe it's just because I can't memorize the spells or combine them quick enough or what. I'm not sure. But I found it infuriating, I'd try to cast a haste spell, and have to do it four times in order for it to get it right. I found that it reacted slowly to my key pressing and when it didn't it doubled up on earth when I'd pressed earth and fire. 

Needless to say, aside from the rage factor I did enjoy this game occasionally. But, I like rage games, so that could probably be it. I'm sorry this review is so short for once, but I don't have that much to say about this game, I'm sure other people liked it much more than I do. But, it passes the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment